UPDATE AS OF TUESDAY, MAY 12: Governor Northam extended the Phase 1 re-opening to the end of May for Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Arlington and Alexandria). Therefore, we are UNABLE to re-open May 15th as we had hoped. This will push our re-open date to Tuesday, June 2nd with capacity restrictions. This is, of course, if the deadline is not extended once again.
On behalf of the entire Salon Khouri team, we wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your loyalty and continued support! And, that we miss you!!!
Based on the Governor’s press conference on Monday, we are planning to re-open Salon Khouri on Friday, May 15th.
We are currently working with our team members to schedule their return-to-work dates. Some may not be able to return immediately due to family/childcare issues or concerns for health, so you will see a phased return to work for some of our team. We ask for grace and patience during this time.
- Jonathan is returning Tuesday, June 2nd
For the time being, the remaining planned return dates are:
- Becky, Iwona, Jelena, Heidi and Sydney are returning June 2nd
- Kamen, Priya, Taylor, Michelle and Olivia are returning June 10th
Our manager, Jonelle Jones, is answering phones Monday – Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM at 703-273-7878. You can also text us at that number. Additionally, you can shoot us an email.
Thank you to everyone who has purchased gift certificates and products while we have been closed. We are continuing to offer FREE local porch delivery of our products (or we can ship for $5) and are drawing THREE winners each week to win a $25 gift certificate from everyone who purchases product or a gift certificate from us while we are closed due to COVID.
We are awaiting further guidance from the Governor’s office, coming this week, which will outline state regulations for salons and spas that will determine how many people can be in the salon any given time. Based on this number, it will limit us to the number of appointments we can accommodate at one time. We will therefore open earlier and stay later in order to get everyone in. We will have a shift from 8 AM to 2 PM and a second shift from 3 PM to 9 PM.
Additionally, please note the following:
- Online booking will be turned off through June as of now. We really need to control the number of appointments we are able
- We will continue with our increased sanitation efforts in the salon
- We will continue use of disposable cups for the time being
- Hand sanitizer available in the salon
- We will not be offering paper magazines for the next month or two to minimize touchable services
- We are offering contact-free checkout, if you prefer. To do so, we ask that you call our manager Jonelle at 703.273.7878 to provide your credit card information over the phone that will be stored in our secure, merchant processing system. When you checkout, just let us know we have your card on file.
- We cannot accommodate walk-in appointments for the next two months
- If you do not feel well, please call to reschedule your appointment, even at the last minute <3
- Our team will be asked to stay home if they do not feel well and will be sent home immediately if they do not feel well
- Our team will be wearing face masks for the time being
Thank you again for your continued loyalty to Salon Khouri. We look forward to serving you again soon!!